The EF is worked up to announce the outcomes of the Medalla data challenge, an information hackathon centered on the Medalla testnet ✨
The immediate was open-ended: we requested for knowledge instruments, visualizations, and analyses of testnet knowledge; briefly, something that might assist the neighborhood make sense of all the info.
Over the course of six weeks we acquired 23 submissions from all kinds of groups. We had been happy to see prime quality submissions for each class.
Prizes are divided into three tiers based mostly on scope, extensibility, and usefulness to the neighborhood.
🥇 Gold ($15k prize)
- Jim McDonald — chaind, a instrument for extracting knowledge from a working eth2 shopper and storing it in a PostgreSQL database. Notably, this instrument was utilized by a number of different groups who submitted to the info problem.
- Pintail — a collection of weblog posts (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) evaluating shopper efficiency, learning community habits, and discussing validator effectiveness.
🥈 Silver ($5k prize)
- Sid Shekhar and Elias Simos — a wide-ranging study of eth2 knowledge.
- Evgeny Medvedev of Nansen — an extension of the ethereum-etl instrument to eth2, in addition to a BigQuery database dump of eth2 knowledge.
- Nate McKervey of Splunk — a blog post and dashboard learning Ethereum community well being.
🥉 Bronze ($1k prize)
The goals of this contest had been to welcome new minds into the Ethereum neighborhood, encourage them to pore over eth2 knowledge, make it simpler to parse and analyse, and supply invaluable insights to each builders and the neighborhood at giant. To that finish, the competitors has been a terrific success, and we suspect that lots of the instruments and analyses produced might be helpful as mainnet goes dwell.
In the event you’re occupied with selecting up the place any of those submissions left off, please contemplate making use of for a staking community grant!